Friday, February 5, 2021

My "tiny homes"

2008 The start of my Nomad journey  was in this 1972 Winnebago.  What a Classic!  I spent several months  with it . It was fully functional but not all that practical in regard to getting parts, etc. 

After the Winnebago I put many miles on this 1986 Fleetwood Jamboree. It served me well.




This was a 91 Ford the exact maker I don't remember










I tried towing a little Jayco around with a 2001 Ford e250 van for a year...this worked out well because I could leave camp without having to load everything up etc. Kind of wished I would have kept this arrangement  but the van was getting very high mileage on it.





So my present home that has served to be the best option for me so far is this 1995 Fleetwood "Sport" at 22ft total length It fits just about anywhere. Five years ago when I got it I pulled a cargo trailer with motorcycle and all kinds of tools, etc.
Today it pulls a 1967 V.W. bug. It weighs  less than 2000 pounds fully loaded with all kinds of stuff freeing up room in the motor home.



1967 V.W. "Baja". Perfect tow vehicle  for me .
Very light, capable in the desert and easy to fix when something breaks. My first car as a kid was a 67 VW so a lot of nostalgia for me!








                          A cargo trailer camper I built before nomading full time




No comments:

Post a Comment